Mum ! I miss you very much 親愛的母親, 我好想念你

Mum ! I miss you very much 親愛的母親, 我好想念你
...you left without saying goodbye...

Friday, April 17, 2009

Granny going to Nursing Home !

Mum,

Few days back, Granny gives us a second fright again. She choked on her phelgms and nearly went blank for 2 minutes before Ah Di use a hanky and yanked out the phelgms. Without her quick witted mind, Granny would have been gone already. Thank God. We send her to NUH on an ambulance as her face turned white from the choke. This is the second time that we had to send her to hospital but glad everything was fine.

We are going to put Granny in nursing home starting June as our domestic maid Ah Di is going back to Indonesia for 3 weeks. For 11 years, she hasnt been home and we feel that its about time she goes back to visit her family and her son who is already married.

We visited Orange Valley Nursing Home in Clementi today and the place is clean and airy. I dunno if Granny will feel uncomfortable staying there for 3 weeks. 15 years ago when Granny met with an accident, you took turns with Ah Yi every day to visit her at the community hospital for 4 straight months...

Granny is 90 years old now and I am sure she would feel very out of place in a new environment. Ah Yi and myself will be there everyday to keep her company and make sure she is comfortable during the stay there while waiting for Ah Di to return from her trip.

Its going to be a temporary measure and we will bring her home soon. I wont allow Granny to be place there on a permanent basis. Love you Mum..Dont worry about Granny. She is in good hands with us.

2 comments:

curious_girl said...

Hi,
Did u went to Causeway point today? I thought I saw someone looks like you? Was that you?

Unknown said...

Hi,
Yes I went to causeway point but not sure if I am really the one you saw.

Thanks for popping by.
Melvin

 
Clicky Web Analytics